ARVADA FIRE IS HIRING
AFPD has an immediate opening for a Fire Prevention Specialist.
This is a full-time, FLSA non-exempt, benefited position.
The Fire Prevention Specialist position is a technical-level position responsible for conducting various assessments and enforcement actions to ensure compliance with fire and life safety codes and regulations within the District.
Competitive Salary and benefits package include:
- Annual salary $95,332
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Contribution to retirement plan
- Life and disability insurance
- At least 18 years of age
- Associates degree in Fire Science, Construction Management, Building Construction, or Plans Examination. Other fields of study will be considered.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Three (3) years of fire inspection and code compliance experience plus one (1) year of fire investigation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- State of Colorado Fire Suppression Systems Inspector
- State of Colorado Public School Fire Inspector III/Plans Examiner
- ICC IFC Fire Inspector II
- Possess NAFI or IAAI Fire Investigator certification or obtain within 1 year of hire
- Possess ICC IFC Fire Plans Examiner certification or obtain within 3 years of hire
- Operational firefighting experience
- Experience completing development and construction plan reviews and associated inspections.
Submit a cover letter and current resume via email to HR@arvadafire.com. Submissions will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Friday February 15, 2019.
Top candidates may be invited to an interview the week of March 4, 2019. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a drug screen and background check (employment, criminal, motor vehicle).
Arvada Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Looking for a job as a Firefighter?
Take this entry test to be considered by 14 departments!
Colorado FIREfighter Testing Consortium
Entry Level Firefighter Test
The testing Application Period is OPEN for Spring 2019 .Important Dates
- March 13, 2019 - Application Deadline
- April 17, 2019 - Test location & times to be announced
- April 20, 2019 - Test location & times to be announced
* Cost to apply $110
* Apply at https://iosolutions.com/product/colorado-firefighter-testing-consortium-application/
** Carefully read all the requirements and complete all the application steps before you submit.
Fire Department Members of the Consortium
|Adams County FPD||Louisville FPD|
|Arvada FPD||Mountain View FPD|
|Brighton FPD||North Metro FPD|
|Boulder FPD||Rocky Mountain FPD|
|Federal Heights FD||South Adams County FPD|
|Lafayette FD||Thornton FD|
|Longmont FD||Westminster FD|
Jeffcom is Hiring!
- Full-time Emergency Communications Specialists
- Network Administrator
- Data Analyst
- Executive Administrative Assistant
More information HERE.